September 2, 2009

Movie Review

Beware...Derek again.

Well, I visited Emily again tonight and ran about three miles chasing Tessa around. That is actually quite impressive when you consider that Emily's room is only about 12x12. Tessa sure does like all of the equipment in Emily's room and "accidentally" turned off one of the machines yesterday. She's pretty quick with those little fingers and apparently has a knack for pushing the most destructive button. Emily said the the nurses were a little confused why the machine didn't work right away today...our little secret.

I watched "Something's Gotta Give" a few nights ago on Megan's recommendation. I would give it an 8.5 out of 10. I really did like the movie and am questioning my masculinity a little bit because I watched a chick-flick by myself. If I start wearing make-up and shaving my legs please have me admitted to the hospital. On the bright side, the psychiatric department is on the same floor as Emily and you could visit us both in just one stop (bring beer!)! I will have to watch a much more "manly" movie next to keep myself balanced and also grow a Grizzly Adam's beard just to remind myself how manly and tough I really am.

Thanks to everyone for all of your prayers and your support. It is great to have such supportive family and friends. It means a lot to all of us.

Here's to another three weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Ha fun stuff! Thanks for the update D! Nice movie rating too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoy the Derek blogs as well, I actually read this one out loud to my mom because I thought it was so funny (she did too)! :) Glad to see your current trials and tribulations haven't effected your sense of humor!
    Yay for one week down and officially being in the 10%!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Derek, you are too funny. Gary would love to smuggle beer into the hospital for you. LOVE Somethings Gotta Give... that's where we got Marin's name. Did you catch that? Glad all is going well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete