September 11, 2009

Almost 33 Weeks Pregnant...

My time here has really gone quickly and now the time is starting to wind down already. I keep looking at the clock wondering what will be going one week from now?!?! I'm still really holding onto hope that we can make it to next Friday. Every night from now until then will be a count down. Today is my last Friday night before having the baby! It really gives me the chills thinking about it.

A few days ago my big news was that I got to open my window. Now today two maintenance workers came in to replace the blind on my other window that has been broken since we got here (it didn't open so it made my kitchen (the shelf that my food is on) pretty dark). Not only do I get to have sunlight from two windows but I can also get the fresh breeze blowing in both of them. Now if that isn't good luck I'm not sure what is!! :) Tomorrow I'll be able to smell the yummy food from the grills before the Badger game and Sunday I'll be able to smell the stale beer from all of the parties that will follow the Badger game. I know you're jealous...I would be too!!

Derek and Tessa came in last night which was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fun. She was in a super good mood and acted like nothing has changed. Rather than riding with mommy the whole time in the "stroller" she was more intrigued to help daddy push mommy. It was the best visit yet. I can't wait to scoop her up and have her snuggle on my shoulder. She really is handling this like a trooper. Mom came to pick Tessa up and then Derek stayed overnight before heading out early to work.

Lucky Derek will be crashing on the air mattress for the next two nights as well while Tessa goes to Grandma and Grandpa's while the party there continues. Well, there might not be much of a party tonight. The crew there will have to take it a bit easy for Jess' headache, swollen eye, cut on her eyebrow and black and blue face to calm down. The plan this morning was for Mom to bring Tessa back in to visit and have a picnic. On the way they were going to stop at Hilldale to get her a new pair of shoes (poor girl needed new tennies really badly!). Jess, Mason, and Marah decided to join in on the fun. It sounds like everything went great at the mall and that Tessa got a super cute pair of shoes but then the day took a turn. They were all done at the mall and loading the kiddos to come to the hospital for a picnic. The girls were in their seats and Jess was standing in the back of the van. As Jess was shutting the back door on the van mom pushed the button for the door to automatically shut. So this turned into the door flinging back open, hitting Jess in the face, sending her flying backwards and landing in the parking lot. So...rather than a picnic at the hospital where I am they ventured over to Urgent Care and had a picnic there while Jess got checked out (well not checked out...but checked on). All is good, no stitches could be given because of the location of the cut. Rumor has it she's currently getting a second opinion so maybe stitches will be needed. Tessa - help Aunt JeJe hold that frozen bag of peas on her face tonight!!

On that note, I hope that everyone else is having a good start to their weekend. Tomorrow while you are tailgating for the Badger game, be careful opening the tailgate of your mini! It might send you flying!

1 comment:

  1. Hey There Pertzborns!
    I just got caught up on the blog now that I am home for a few days. Em, I am so happy to hear things are going so extremly well and now Friday is almost here!! You have done a great job of keeping that little one safe inside and getting stronger every day!! I also learned about Jessie, wow!! Hopefully she is feeling better. I have not talked to your Mom for a while. We just got back from visiting Jason and Summer in TN and before that I was in Chilton, so it was wonderful to take some time and catch up with your blogs!! Take Care, Loving Thoughts and Prayers will be flooding your way on Friday!! Can't wait to hear about the "New Arrival"!!!! Love and Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete