December 20, 2009

Shopping with Mommy

From Tessa...

I have been having so much fun with my little brother lately! He is starting to smile more at me and every time he is awake while I am by him, his eyes follow me all over while his head spins from side to side trying to find me. It's so silly. I can't wait to play with him when he's a little bit older. Tonight I wanted to dress him up in all of my play jewelry and for some reason mommy wouldn't let me. Maybe some other day. Below is a picture of Nolan right after his big smile started to fade from his face. He is starting to smile all of the time. It's so much fun!


Last night I was so lucky. I got to go shopping with mommy again. I haven't gone shopping for about five months and now all of the sudden I've gone twice in the last two weeks! I'm so lucky! We had so much fun on our girl's night. We made a few returns to Kohl's and then headed to Hilldale. Mommy said that we were going to get some groceries and then she kept mentioning something about Santa. I didn't know what she was talking about because it isn't Christmas time so I used my selective hearing (that I get from the Meade side of the family...or maybe the Mitchell side...or maybe the Pertzborn side) and ignored the Santa comments. We got to the grocery store and we walked right past the entrance to go get groceries. A nice lady handed us a candy cane (first picture below) that I got to eat. It was really yummy and I got all sticky from it. Then we saw some really silly gingerbread men. Some were upside down, some were REALLY big, and some were really little! They made me giggle the whole time that we were standing by them (picture #2 below). Then there he was...Santa...oh boy. Immediately when we saw him I told mommy, "I want to go get some groceries now mommy!". Hence my face in the third picture below. I was so excited about the candy, so excited about the gingerbread men, but Santa...I don't know about him yet. I even started to quiver a bit and my bottom lip came out like I was going to cry. I couldn't help it. For some reason, I was a bit freaked out. Mommy didn't even bring up the thought of me sitting on his lap, thank goodness! Rumor has it that he may be coming on Christmas Eve to the Mitchell Christmas so we'll see. Hopefully I won't be quite as scared because mommy said that I will be sitting on Santa's lap that night. Not Nolan though. Poor Nolan won't be there because he still has to live in his bubble. Soon enough I will be able to show off my little brother (not so little anymore) to the world.





No comments:

Post a Comment