October 9, 2010

Congratulations Bryan Richard Meade PhD!

Bry, you did it! Congratulations. We are so proud of you and really can't even begin to explain how proud we are. What you are doing is absolutely amazing to me. Traveling to San Diego last week to be a part of your defense was truly a once in a lifetime experience, thank you. No, I didn't understand much of your defense (okay honestly I really didn't even understand one word of the 45 minutes presentation) however because you've taken it apart for us and have spoken to us at our level (haha..I had to say it, sorry) I think I get it. What I know is we've watched loved ones pass away from cancer, friends and family so close to us get changed by cancer, and you are working your butt off to make a difference in the cancer treatment world. Your dedication, work ethic, intelligence is going to do great things in the future. I'm so happy to be a part of your life. You make your little sister very proud. Congrats on such a huge achievement and thank you for letting us be part of your big day. I can't wait to see where your road takes you.
About an hour after the defense...let the party begin:)


Bry's opening page before beginning the presentation...can you read that? :)


Yikes that is pretty. This night Jessie and I were able to see dolphins, a rainbow, and this sunset all within about thirty minutes of one another. If that's not a good night, I'm not sure what is.



Yep, that's a circle on my face on the picture above. Am I surprised? Not at all. Of course we all look for reminders of Grandma Mitchell and really what better place than on a beautiful beach to think of her and hope for her to show up. Jessie, Grandma Meade, Becca, and I had left the hotel on Sunday to get home and below is what my mom and dad woke up to out their condo window on Monday morning. Once again am I surprised? Nope.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Em for the nice words. Means a lot to me. It was great having you guys out here. Wish it hadn't gone so fast. See you in a few weeks!

    -Doc :-)

    ReplyDelete